About Me

Texas
After years of wanting to adopt a baby girl, we've finally decided it's time. And we can't wait!

Monday, June 11, 2007

I've been called Out!

Okay Okay, I know I've been a very bad blogger by not posting in over a month and Kristin, over at Patience is a Virtue, finally called me out! So I'm sorry and I'll never let a month go by ever again.

Things around here have been very busy with the new business. I'm so glad that the doctor transition went smoothly and that everyone has come to love Danny as their new doc. And the clinic is really doing well and keeping us busy on the the weekends with screens and expos. I get to do my work from home, which is great because I don't have to put Zac in daycare because I'm able to stay home with him. Although, he would probably love going to daycare. I'm sure he'd much rather play with kids than his mommy, but this mommy is not ready to let him go!

We sent in our adoption application last month and now we have our homestudy scheduled for later this month. This is a very big deal for us because we have waited sooo long to get to his point because we kept having to put it off till later. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Our case worker sent me all the information we need to get for the homestudy and the dossier and I FREAKED! OMG, it's alot of paperwork!

Now I'm really nervous because I think I may be preggers!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT(you may be saying) That's exactly what I first thought. "What, why now?" This was certainly not planned, if we indeed are pregnant, but then again neither was Zac and that turned out amazing. At first I was upset, because I didn't want to be pregnant, and if I was that would mean we would have to put off the adoption again. There's no way we can afford both, although I would do it in a heart beat if we could. Now I'm kinda getting excited if I am pregnant. I've put all my trust and faith in God, and if I'm meant to be pregnant then I'm fine with being pregnant. I do get sad thinking that I won't get Maia soon, but I know that God has a plan for us and maybe Maia isn't ready yet. I don't know I'm just, "Letting Go, Letting God" as Danny likes to say. I took a test last week knowing it would be too early, and it was negative, but I expected that. It was too early. I'm supposed to "start" any day now and I haven't but I'm going to wait it out a couple more days. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

S. said...

OK, well now you know you have to update soon! It won't be fair to leave us hanging! I have had a few scares...(to me they were scares, because I would be horrified to get pg. now), but it sounds like you are prepared either way. Please keep us posted!

And great you can work from home--he has his whole life to go to school!

Kristin said...

Thanks for the update! :-)

Wow...a big change in plans possibly?!? Keep us posted on the developments!! Congrats!

S. said...

tapping my fingers here waiting!