About Me

Texas
After years of wanting to adopt a baby girl, we've finally decided it's time. And we can't wait!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Time!




Well we are back from our Easter holiday, and we had a great time. Zac was especially excited about "Easter Time" (as he likes to call it) because he knew he would be getting Easter basket'S, as in plural! I figured he would get around 3 but the kid cashed in with 5 Easter baskets! Talk about lots of toys and CANDY, which we don't let him eat often, so he was in candy heaven! (Shhh don't tell him but we threw most of the candy away!hehehe) He is so spoiled, and in two weeks it's his birthday and he will get even more toys and candy, and he can't wait! This is why we really don't buy him alot of toys during the year. He gets soooo much stuff for Christmas, then sooo much stuff for his birthday that it really lasts him all year long!

This past weekend was also really great because we got to tell our extended family about our adoption. Our parents knew but the rest of our family didn't so it was fun to tell them. Everyone seemed pretty excited for us and they asked lots of questions, which I wasn't expecting. I guess it's because I really wasn't expecting to tell anyone, but my mom told everyone the news and then we were bombarded with questions, which caught me off guard. But in the end everyone was really supportive and excited.

Some other real exciting news is that we may be closing on our business soon. We got a call today saying that it could possibly happen as soon as Friday, so we are so excited. This has been a very stressfull process and we can't wait for it to be over so we can start moving forward, especially with this adoption. So hopefully we can get our homestudy started in May, just like I wanted, and maybe baby Maia by Christmas!?! Hopefully! I know this is wishful thinking but I have faith, and referrals seem to be coming fast. So fingers crossed!

fyi- Those pics are of 3 of the 5 baskets he received. Check out the pic with my mom and the basket she gave him, she had a hard time closing it cuz it was so full!

3 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Thank you for folloing along andposting on my blog. I will now be following yours! Best of luck to you and your family,these are exciting times!
ps..your son is ADORABLE!
Tamara

S. said...

I got rid of the excess Easter candy, too, there is only so much they can eat! Your son is a cutie!

Daniel Gonzalez, DC said...

your son is gorgeous....he probably gets its from his papa!